SANT CUGAT SCHOOL INSTITUTIONAL MASTER PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
The K-12 school building Colegio de las Religiosas Pureza de María was built in 1971. It is a detached, staggered five story building within a 52,600 m2 (about 13 acres) site. In 2007, in order to address regulatory and social changes, an Institutional Master Plan was prepared to address the reconfiguration and upgrade of the building, to meet current regulations related to accessibility, security and fire safety.
The main tasks carried out as part of the implementation of the Master Plan have included:
• Remodeling and expansion of younger children's classrooms (K-4).
• Implementation of new elevators to enhance the building’s vertical accessibility.
• Renovation of all building facades
• Rehabilitation of both paved and green rooftops.
• Replacement of all exterior water downpipes.
• Replacement of all exterior insulation elements to meet current standards.
• Installation of radiant heat flooring and fire-resistant paint in the school chapel.
• Upgrade and expansion of all fire detection and alert measures
Location: Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona, Spain
Client: Religiosas de Pureza de Maria
Built Area: 17.047 m²
Lead Architect: Monica Farran Astica
Marina Fernández, architect
Marti Cabestany, structure
OTEK, facilities engineering
José Luís Sánchez, arquitecto técnico